Catholic Citizenship Essay Contest
From: 2018-10-01 01:00:00
2018 Catholic Citizenship Essay
- Essays must reflect the assigned theme and topic, and submitted by the published deadline.
- Essays must be the student’s original work.
- Essay must be typed on 8 1/2” X 11” paper, one sided, double spaced, with one-inch margins.
- Essays must be between 500 – 750 words in length.
- The student’s name should appear only on the official Catholic Citizenship Essay Contest entry form, which must be stapled to the essay
- All entries become the property of the Knights of Columbus and will not be returned.
Send essay and the official Catholic Citizenship Essay Contest entry form by October 15th to:
- Mail: Sam Gonzalez
- 84 Bradford Circle
- Sugar Land, Tx. 77479
- Email: GonzalezSam29@gmail.com
- Or drop off at the church office
Theme: How does your family keep its Catholic faith in Action?
"Faith in action is love, and love in action is service. By transforming that faith into living acts of love, we put ourselves in contact with God himself, with Jesus our Lord." - Saint Mother Teresa?
As Catholics, we are called to joyfully and enthusiastically live our faith. But in a world of increasing noise, constant activity, and so much self-interest, sometimes it can feel impossible to focus on what is truly most important: our families, our communities, our faith, and our Lord. Jesus challenged his disciples: "As the Father has sent me, so I send you" (John 20:21, NABRE). He sends us. How have we taken up the call?
Our Catholic faith is the starting point of all our actions. In ways both large and small, our families constantly rise to Christ's challenge. In an essay of 500-750 words, reflect on how your family puts its Catholic faith in action, every day. This could be through daily prayers as a family, volunteering to help the less fortunate in your community or even just reminding those in your life of how much they mean to you.
Contest Levels & Awards:
All entrants will receive a certificate of participation.
Council Level – KC 4204 Sugar Land
- Cetificates for first, second, and third place winners in each grade.
- $50 to all first place winners in each grade.
First place essay will automatically be forwarded to the next levels: District, State, and International.
There will be a 1st place winner and 2 runner up winners for each grade level.
- 1st Place - $300
- Runner ups - $100
- The winners at the council level will be notified by a representative of the Knights of Columbus #4204 in November.
- The winners at the International Level will be notified by the Knights of Columbus State Deputy in Febraury 2019.
Send your essay and entry form by October 15 to: GonzalezSam29@gmail.com or drop it off at the St. Theresa's Church office.